To date we have implemented the following actions to reduce the virus spread:
- Encouraging staff to work from home, where practicable
- Travel ban in place for overseas business travel
- Staff rota in place to promote social distancing yet fully maintain our customer service levels
- Additional cleaning of doors, handles and frequently touched surfaces by the cleaning staff
- Placement of additional antibacterial hand sanitiser around our head office and R&D centre as well as detailed instructions on effective handwashing in all staff restrooms
- Advice given to all staff on when and how to self-isolate and what to do if becoming unwell
To further discourage unnecessary social contact we have postponed our product training programme, until further notice. Wherever possible conferencing technology is being used to ensure that meetings, both in the UK as well as across Europe, can take place.
We have a business continuity plan in place and do not plan any closures at this point. Our technical support team and customer services teams remain available to take your enquiry and our factory and warehouse continues to be fully operational. We have a global supply chain and will endeavour to ensure suitable stock levels remain in place. If you have any concerns, at any time, please liaise with your customer services or sales contact who will be able to support you further.
We ask that if you are planning to visit either our Head Office (Gillingham) or our R&D Centre (Rochester) that you confirm with us that you have not travelled to any high-risk countries, nor been in contact with anyone one with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Please join the Hochiki staff in practicing good hygiene whilst on site and during this period refrain from handshaking. Where you feel it might be more suitable, we are always happy to meet you via conference or video call. Please speak with your Hochiki contact.
We will continue to keep you updated as and when we receive further information from the Government.
25/03/2020: Update from Customer Services Team
Due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, and to encourage the Government’s guidelines on social distancing, please note that Hochiki Europe will not be accepting customer collect orders from our Gillingham site. Instead, you will be contacted and offered a next day pre 12pm delivery, at our cost, we will also waiver the £50 minimum order value for customers who usually collect.