Department: Technical Support
Location: Office Based – Gillingham, Kent
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing technical support to customers and System Partners via email, telephone site visits, ensuring a prompt and accurate resolution to any issues, followed up with a written report
- Providing field support to our customers including commissioning, fault finding, onsite training, training around the UK and overseas travel maybe required.
- Assisting, from a technical perspective, with training, wireless surveys and semina
- Validation of new Hochiki Products, including test schedule creation and test result reporting.
- Ensuring accurate recording of all technical issues and service calls within our SAP system to enhance our monitoring of customer satisfaction levels
- Ensuring that the accuracy of all sales and technical documentation is maintained, whilst liaising with relevant departments for updates.
- Supporting the sales team on any technical matters during customer meetings, seminars, exhibitions etc.
- Maintaining an optimal level of customer service and frontline support whilst identifying specific customer needs.
- Expanding and maintaining knowledge of competitor products, updating the business of any new developments or technologies being used.
- Performing any other duties independently or as a team when required, in order to support the business and ensure our continued growth.
- Ensuring that all customer issues are handled in line with the company complaints procedure.
Who you’ll be working with:
- Internal Departments, up to Director level
- Other Hochiki sites globally
- External Business, including suppliers, consultants and third parties
- Customers and system partners
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated and have a passion to contribute to the success of Hochiki. Our core values define and shape our working relationships and how we aspire to behave on a daily basis. For this role, we are looking for you to possess the following:
- Desirable: Desirable: FIA Training Certificates, HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Essential: Previous experience of working in the Fire Alarm industry.
- Desirable: Previous experience in installing and/or commissioning of conventional, analogue addressable fire alarms and emergency lighting.
- Essential: Knowledge of the Fire Alarm industry, products and services.
- Essential: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages
- Desirable: Experience of working with SAP
- Positive: Proactive, promoting a can-do attitude with a passion for Hochiki Europe technology
- Accountable: Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- Ethical: Acting in the best interests of Hochiki Europe and our customers
- Inclusive: Being a team player who relishes working in a team environment, but can also work independently
- Professional: Ability to set high standards and present a professional approach to our customers
- Inventive: A continuous improvement attitude towards work and professional development, with a desire for working in a leading-edge environment