Location: Rochester (maybe some travel to other locations)
To design and develop advanced and mordern software for Hochiki products and devices and assist or lead in software development for future company projects
Who you’ll report to
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and develop software for Hochiki devices, computers, mobile devices, and associated equipment.
- Develop and testing of both PC/Mobile device software and embedded firmware.
- Carry out electronic circuit design and software design where appropriate.
- Liaise with other software engineers where necessary.
- Ensure that designs meet the stated objectives relating to performance, cost and timescale.
- Ensure that work is carried out within the framework of the company’s Production Engineering and Purchasing procedures.
- Produce prototypes of designs where appropriate.
- Maintain and update designs and design documentation as required.
- Ensure that all aspects relevant to the tasks in hand relating to the product operation and usage are understood, thereby ensuring that products operate as required.
- Maintain efficient and effective records relating to designs and design modifications, including issue status.
- Keep abreast of new developments relating to components, circuit techniques, software tools and techniques.
- Act as Project Leader on design projects as required.
- Actively observe and support the company’s Quality Policy.
- Undertake other duties which may from time to time become necessary.
Who you’ll be working with
- Internal Departments, up to Director level
- External Businesses, including suppliers, consultants and third parties
- Software Engineers
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated and have a passion to contribute to the success of Hochiki. In addition to this, you will possess the following:
- Essential: Degree in an IT or Computer Science related field
- Previous Experience in a software design role, using C, C++ and C# for graphical PC based applications.
- Experience developing mobile based applications.
- Experience of embedded firmware development.
- A good knowledge of C, C++ and C#.
- A good knowledge of PC based graphical user interface design.
- knowledge of database design.
- knowledge of Mobile platform application design.
- knowledge of Assembly language for embedded firmware design.
- Working knowledge of General Electronic Circuits.
- Essential: Proficiency in Microsoft Software Packages, Visual Studio, C, C++, C#, serial communication protocols including RS232 and USB, Networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP etc).
- Desirable: Understanding of Assembler, Java and .NET, Linux, SQL, Android and iOS, A/D conversion, software techniques for power reduction, design for low-cost, high-volume manufacture.
- An analytic approach to problem solving
- A critical thinker and active listener
- Good time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn about new processes
- A good team player with ability to work on own initiative
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org