We offer the best engineering environment for creative and collaborative professionals to work in a welcoming team. Our R&D department consists of 4 sections: mechanical, electronics, software, and test. All our engineers work side by side to create the latest generation of life safety equipment that includes Fire panels, devices, and detectors for use all over the world.
You will be able to create great products that you can take pride in knowing has a positive impact in the real world.
What you’ll be doing
- Product architecture design, cost generation and complete electronics design
- Analog and digital design at system, product, and circuit level
- Hardware qualification testing (to include Electro-Magnetic Compatibility and Environmental testing).
- Working closely with the other engineers, production, and production engineering where necessary.
- Produce prototypes of designs where appropriate.
- Maintain and update existing product designs and design documentation as required.
- Sustaining engineering, deciding when samples are required for testing versus just comparing parameters on datasheet OR when a PCB change is required versus a just a component drop-in/replacement.
- Component-level troubleshooting, problem solving and root cause analysis
- Act as the intermediary between R&D and Production to resolve any issues relating to component, supplier changes and new product introduction